My new 2019 Palace Liner, 88LB SLO

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My new 2019 Palace Liner, 88LB SLO

It would seem that production has been happening! It is well advanced BUT, they are short of parts so it sits in the car park waiting side aprons. I am told that it will not now be ready for delivery until week 19. At this time I don't know if that is for me to collect or arrival at the dealer.

2019 Morelo Palace Liner 88LB SLO with slide out on MB chassis

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zausels_Kerl: Doppelte Bilder entfernt ().

• Good morning Michael,

It seems that some progress has been made. It is a pitty that you have to wait longer because of some missing parts as a consequence of low inventory and „just in time“ deliveries.

I hope that the delay won‘t be too long.

Ralf
      Glaube nicht alles, was du hörst
      Sage nicht alles, was du willst und
      Tue nicht alles, was du magst
      (M.Luther)

Aus einem verzagten Arsch kommt kein fröhlicher Furz (M.Luther)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
      (A. Lincoln)
    • Fantom wrote:

Hello Michael,

that´s going to be a fantastic vehicle. Yes, it´s bothering that it takes a few weeks longer but eventually you will get an RV specifically made to your needs. So keep "enjoying" the pleasant anticipation and prepare for a day of special happiness when you finally get it in hands.

Cheers, Thomas
      Thanks Thomas, patience has never been my strength, but considering I ordered this March 2018, and I am now on my 3rd delivery change it gets frustrating. AND as Herr L himself said it would be at the dealer by the beginning of next week I confirmed a ferry booking for June which I have now cancelled with a penalty.
      One good thing the EU has granted an extension which means I wont be paying 10.6% extra tax importing it to the UK!

Cruiser wrote:

looks Top :thumbsup:
      Thanks, it does look a bit of a dogs breakfast at the moment, sitting out in a car park!
    • Did anyone zoom in on the Tec Tower and notice that I have the new 10 series... Herr L organised it for me. I am trying to get some external pictures as I did NOT select the carbon plastic, also Herr L organised the fridge vent to be painted in body colour, and I have the mirrors too in body colour too. I hope it looks OK?
    • The fridge is nice. Same as in NB. So you can perfectly open the door from bedroom! :D
      Is it correct, that the fridge vent at the outside is painted in the same colour as the car? Thatˋs what i canˋt understand. They sell such an expensive car and the fridge vent looks very ugly with the „wrong“ colour.
    • berndson wrote:

The fridge is nice. Same as in NB. So you can perfectly open the door from bedroom! :D
      Is it correct, that the fridge vent at the outside is painted in the same colour as the car? Thatˋs what i canˋt understand. They sell such an expensive car and the fridge vent looks very ugly with the „wrong“ colour.
      I agree, apparently M are trying to get a matching colour plastic from Dometic. Good luck with that I thought! I believe there are some upgrades to the cooling system on the 10 series, it would be interesting if anyone on here has some knowledge?
    • Zoppel wrote:

Hi Michael,

I am glad that your wait will come to an end soon.

Clearly it annoys you to see the almost finished car - but what remains is the joy to have it in the hands later on.

To the great vehicle, I sincerely congratulate you.

All the best wishes

Rolf
      Rolf, what makes it additionally difficult is that it is over 1600 km and a channel crossing from where I live in the UK to the factory, so I cannot just drive down the road to look at in the car park <X
      However probably good, as I would likely be there every day directing operations :rolleyes:

Michael
    • Hi Michael,

Looks great. I can understand that you are impatiently waiting for your new vehicle. Hopefully it won‘t take much longer.

Ralf
      Glaube nicht alles, was du hörst
      Sage nicht alles, was du willst und
      Tue nicht alles, was du magst
      (M.Luther)

Aus einem verzagten Arsch kommt kein fröhlicher Furz (M.Luther)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
      (A. Lincoln)
    • aluprof wrote:

Good morning,

well, at least the side panels are now fitted.

Did you have contact with them directly last week? And if yes, what is their excuse for the delays?

I hope, you dont‘t have to wait much longer.

Have a nice Easter weekend.

Greets

Elbert
      & @Fantom plus @Texan Yes I emailed RL and then he instructed A W-H to deal with the issues and he did so efficiently and frankly. Delays are "no seats yet and no front dash" and it wont be at the dealer until week 20 after these are fitted and Mercedes tracking check. But at least I am getting some information. Although it seems the dealer did not tell M that we cancelled the tv prep by the door in favour of the standard pull out larder elements. AND I have bought my own solutions for screen mounting in another area. One has to wonder what use a dealer is? Chocolate teapot springs to mind!
      But at least its not a ghost!
    • UPDATE
      We have been summoned to the factory on Monday. Liner back from MB and complete? They want me to check before it is transported to the dealer. I have been sitting on the Rhein at Rudesheim for 12 days as I get instructions to come then not, then... All highly chaotic but maybe next week will see the epilouge to my 15 month wait. Based on current experience I will not hold my breath!
      Michael
    SuperSense Füllstandssensoren