Liner-Forum in anderer Sprache

• Es werden immer mehr Wohnmobile von den großen Herstellern ins überwiegend Europäische Ausland verkauft. Wenn die alle mitreden wollten (in ihrer Sprache), dann wird es kompliziert (auch wenn viele Englisch können). Nicht jeder ist einer ausländischen Sprache mächtig. Vielleicht besteht die Möglichkeit einen Übersetzungsbutton (in unserem Forum) mit ein zu bauen. Immer mit Drag & Drop und einem Übersetzungsprogramm zu Arbeiten ist doch recht umständlich. Mal ein Denkanstoß. :whistling:

--------------- Wir von Hier ---------------
    - LG an alle Forumsmitglieder, Manfred -

• Grundsätzlich ist die Idee gut, lässt sich aber derzeit nicht wirklich produktiv umsetzen. Die bekannten Translatoren sind sehr auf allgemeine Sprachen ausgerichtet. Bei fast sämtlichen wohnmobilspezifischen Fachausdrücken scheitern die Dinger.
    Rein operativ ist es ja recht einfach i.e. den Google Übersetzungsdienst zu nutzen. Würden wir diesen Übersetzungsdienst hier einbauen, dann würden wir uns mehr oder weniger daran binden. Dafür ist die Zeit aber noch nicht reif. Ich vermute in ein/zwei Jahren sieht die Welt auch hier etwas anders aus.

Der Linertreff ist grundsätzlich seit der Entstehung ein deutschsprachiges Forum. Wir sind darauf vorbereitet eine weitere, möglichst weit verbreitete Weltsprache (i.d.F. Englisch) als Forensprache zu berücksichtigen. Das bedeutet aber nicht, dass wir das Forum grundsätzlich in Richtung Englisch bewegen. Aus der Historie heraus ist es so, dass wenn unsere Benutzer eine Fremdsprache benutzen können, dann ist das in der Mehrzahl Englisch. Das ist der Grund, warum wir Englisch nicht nur in einem gezielten Bereich "Für unsere englischsprachigen Gäste" sondern auch als Beiträge in den anderen Sparten anwenden.

Für mich ist zunächst mal wichtig, dass alle soweit es ihre Kenntnisse und Fähigkeiten hergeben, sich mit den englischsprachigen Beiträgen anfreunden können. Ich finde es wichtig, die Scheu zu nehmen und gramatikalische Fehler oder Wortanwendungen zu tolerieren. Wenn jemand in den Beiträgen auf englisch mit rudimentären Grundkenntnissen, ggf aus der weit zurückliegenden Schulzeit schreibt, dann muss das akzeptiert werden können.

I want to make it kleer that we alle are not perfect and we are doing our hobby and not business here around :D

vG
    Martin

• My german is too weak to clearly understand the conversation but I believe I picked up the general meaning. I’m afraid I started a mess. I didn’t mean to do that. I got the idea to question a german site on those very specific campers because it seemed clear to me that here would be the best place to do so. Upon the suggestion of Ralf, it looked already odd to me to start a topic in english and I was wondering how to do so without disturbing the site. Too bad.

• My german is too weak to clearly understand the conversation but I believe I picked up the general meaning. I’m afraid I started a mess. I didn’t mean to do that. I got the idea to question a german site on those very specific campers because it seemed clear to me that here would be the best place to do so. Upon the suggestion of Ralf, it looked already odd to me to start a topic in english and I was wondering how to do so without disturbing the site. Too bad.

Don´t worry! It is fine as it is!

Martin

• Hi Joel,

believe me you did not start a mess, you're not even close. If you want to start a topic in English it's ok, just don't be too surprised if not everybody is responding in English. At the end it is about communication, sharing of ideas and thoughts and not about perfect grammar. Don't be shy and start asking.

Ralf

Glaube nicht alles, was du hörst
    Sage nicht alles, was du willst und
    Tue nicht alles, was du magst
    (M.Luther)

Aus einem verzagten Arsch kommt kein fröhlicher Furz (M.Luther)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    (A. Lincoln)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Also, so manches mal kann man auch an den deutschen Beirägen verzweifeln und man muss doch etwas grübeln, um den Sinn zu verstehen. Da macht das bisschen Englisch auch keinen besonderen Unterschied. Jeder eben so, wie ihm der Schnabel gewachsen ist. Ist doch auch gut so. Schließlich schreiben wir hier ja keine wissenschaftlichen Aufsätze, sondern gehen unserer Freizeit nach.

Special Service-Translation for our English speaking friends: very often even the German speaking community sucks in their own language so that sometimes we have a hard time understanding each other. So don‘t worry about your partcipation. It’s not creating any mess but rather increases the fun we‘re having here. This Forum is not about scientific essays. We‘re here in our leisure time therefore some tolerance for wrongful communication will be ok.

• I regularly read and "sometimes" contribute on this great forum. My suggestion is you use the Chrome browser, it has auto translation so complete threads are translated on the fly. However the nuances of the German language are lost so some things are difficult to understand but for the most part I get the theme of the debate and the answers. It has helped me greatly in my Morelo purchase, and many members on here are very competent communicators in English so I have been able to get in depth answers and even purchase my LinerTreff number plates! I learnt German at school but that was over 50 years ago and I failed the exam so today only odd vocabulary is available to me!

2019 Morelo Palace Liner 88LB SLO with slide out on MB chassis

• I also read a lot of information on LinerTreff after being introduced by michaels and again I use the forum in google Chrome and can understand most conversations. OK I don't post much as I feel that it is "your forum" in your own language.

Martin

Martin

MORELO palace 85L on Euro 6d Daily

Yes I have changed my username from "funflair" we don't have the Flair anymore.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think you should participate as much as you like. Those of us who don‘t speak English well will just skip your posts and the others will respond to your questions/remarks so that you get answers and information. So don‘t worry about us and feel free to make best use of the knowledge that is around in this great forum. :thumbup:

• I also read a lot of information on LinerTreff after being introduced by michaels and again I use the forum in google Chrome and can understand most conversations. OK I don't post much as I feel that it is "your forum" in your own language.

Martin

Hi Martin,

I would also like to encourage you to participate and ask or comment whatever you like. It is not „your forum“ in term of being a German forum it is our forum belonging to all its members regardless of where they are comming from. Everybody counts.

Ralf

Glaube nicht alles, was du hörst
    Sage nicht alles, was du willst und
    Tue nicht alles, was du magst
    (M.Luther)

Aus einem verzagten Arsch kommt kein fröhlicher Furz (M.Luther)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    (A. Lincoln)

• Hi Martin,
    I would like to encourage you to come and join me. It is not "your forum" in which they are from. Everybody counts.

Ralf

Thank you Ralf and others

Very welcoming and friendly forum.

Martin

Martin

• I guess, we have a sufficient number of members in this forum, which are capable to read and write in english language. And as said before, this is a forum on hobbies, leisure and fun, but not a grammar school.

So please feel free to post in english, we all will try to help and answer.

Best regards,

Ralf

Wenn man Morgens statt zur Arbeit direkt an´s Meer fährt, geht´s eigentlich....

Mit Frau und Hund unterwegs im N&B Flair 880 LE ...

• I seem to get a jumbled translation of pages. By that I mean that the home page translates in Chrome, the individual posts translate in chrome, but the critical (to me) drop down under Forum "unread posts" delivers the page in German so I cannot read the titles of the unread posts. Investigation shows that the HTML lang tag is EN. Do not assume that I am an expert in any way I just googled my issue and followed some investigative advice.

Worse on Android translate now fails on every page.

Does anyone else who is English and uses Chrome as their on the fly LinerTreff translator have the same or similar issue. This has only appeared recently, probably the last 2 months or so.

Michael

2019 Morelo Palace Liner 88LB SLO with slide out on MB chassis

• Hi Micheal,

sorry to read this. Unfortunately, I cannot be of help on this specific technical aspect. I have used the translators a few times, but the results were....let´s say sometimes very funny.

I understand that it is difficult to find the right and interesting threads, if even the header does not give a clear idea on the content...

I hope, that Martin or one of the other moderators find a solution.

Regards,

Ralf

Wenn man Morgens statt zur Arbeit direkt an´s Meer fährt, geht´s eigentlich....

Mit Frau und Hund unterwegs im N&B Flair 880 LE ...

• Hi michaels

My Chrome on Macbook works fine NOW a few weeks ago it was not translating, I can't remember what I did to fix it but for sure it would not be complicated, "cleared browsing data" I think, worth a try.

Martin

Martin