190l IVECO gasoil tank lekeage

• Hi all,

I’ve got a fuel leakage at the connexion between tank itself and the refuelling pipe. On picture one can see at the arrow a liquid drop but I was not able locating the exact origin between the welded transition piece on tank (looks like a ring on picture ) and the transition piece where the refueling pipe is connected and fixed by a collar (cheked to be properly tigh) .Do anyone have a better knowledge on this part of the tank that could help me to locate the problem ? I can’t make up my mind to understand if it’s a real issue or not. IVECO can be of little help I guess since the tank is not a original part but installed by the frame preparator on behalf on N&B. I currently on trip, 2000 km from the vendor workshop...

Thanks for your tips.

Joel

• Hi Joel.

This is a typical problem of the newer (since 2018) NiBi Flair with a ESTEPE frame. Many NiBi Flair with ESTEPE frame have this issue.

This leakage problem is well known at NiBi in Polch!

Normaly NiBi in Polch, Germany fix the problem before delivery.

The best way to fix the problem is to call NiBi´s customer support in Polch, maybe ESTEPE in the Nederlands can help you too.

Sorry i have no idea for you that you can fix the leakage by yourself.

Regards,

Hilger

• Well to start off, you can easily fit another clamp just underneath. This may just cure the problem und stop the leak.

regards

Rufus

• Thanks. Hilger for this clear answer. I’ll call N&B tomorrow and see how they could do to help fixing this issue. I believe you had the problem with your Flair : to your opinion, is there a probability it worthens, should I have to wait being back home for fixing it?

Well to start off, you can easily fit another clamp just underneath. This may just cure the problem und stop the leak.

regards

Rufus

Thanks Rufus for the tip. Since this a well known problem by N&B , I will let them giving me a solution.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello Joel,

as Hilger mentioned this is a known problem in the newer series since 2018 or 2017. In fact there is a non-public recall in the NiBi system for those vehicles which have this type of tank built-in. From your pictures I would definitely say that your car if not older is one of the unfortunate ones that need service for this issue.

As I was told during a service visit in Polch they need to take out the tank in order to fix the connection of the refueling pipe. They told me that they will fix that with a specific glue (sorry, I forgot the name of that glue). Every owner can easily find out if his car is affected. Just fill the tank to the maximum, wait 10-15 minutes and if it starts dripping service is necessary. If not everything is o.k.. At least this is the recommendation in the recall (my dealer read/citet the text of the recall fo me).

Therefore clear recommendation: call NiBi, send them the pictures and ask them about the recall and what they propose to do in your case. I would assume that they will direct the service to one of the Iveco dealers in your region as my dealer told me that this is how they would fix it if my car would be concerned.

Hope this Information helps.

Cheers, Thomas

• Offizieller Beitrag

to your opinion, is there a probability it worthens, should I have to wait being back home for fixing it?

Joel, they told me that I can easily drive with the vhicle if this occurs. The dripping should stop once the tank is emptied a bit. So if you don´t fill it to the max at least the dripping should not continue but still the issue needs fixing. What else is a large tank for if not to be used 100%.

Cheers, Thomas

• Thanks to,all for your help !

Removing the tank is definitely a job I’ll let to N&B ! I guessed too that fill up to half load only could be the temporary solution. Nevertheless, I’ll call N&B tomorrow and see what they advise.

Joel

• Hi Joel,

I have had a similar problem, but it wasn´t the refuelling hose, but the gasket of the tank level measurement unit. Unfortunately, that hadn´t been installed properly and therefore, fuel leaked through the gasket, only when going downhills...

And when I look at the second of your pictures, it appears to me, that there are also traces of Diesel above the suspected area, at the vapor release / pressure release connections......

Anyway, as Thomas said, you can continure to drive and you can refuel more than 50 %, but not 100%. And you local dealer should be able to get it fixed.

Regards,

Ralf

Wenn man Morgens statt zur Arbeit direkt an´s Meer fährt, geht´s eigentlich....

Mit Frau und Hund unterwegs im N&B Flair 880 LE ...

• Hi Ralf,

Believe it or not, but I have both problems ! I noticed the second one yesterday when trying to look more accurately to the tank.

A bad genius was at work at the time the tank was built!

Regards,

Joel

• Hi Joel,

hard to believe to have two issues on the same tank. I could believe that there might have been a guy on a Monday morning, after a hard and long weekend, without enough coffe in the morning,,,,,,but what about quality control for a device, which could cause significant environmental damage?

And testing leak tightness on this tank is no rocket science.....:whistling::whistling:

Regards,

Ralf

Wenn man Morgens statt zur Arbeit direkt an´s Meer fährt, geht´s eigentlich....

Mit Frau und Hund unterwegs im N&B Flair 880 LE ...