Morelo Badezimmer Tap

• Der Morelo Badezimmerhahn ist von schlechter Qualität und der gleiche wird von N + B verwendet. Sie korrodieren um den Wasserausgang. Hat jemand den Hersteller oder eine Alternative?

2019 Morelo Palace Liner 88LB SLO with slide out on MB chassis

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello Michael,

firstly I believe that SLN is right that you should get a free replacement from Morelo on warranty.

My NiBi is built in early 2018 and as such we went through 2 and a half seasons. I just checked the pipe and on mine I can‘t see any corrosion at all so maybe a replacement of the same would be o.k.

If you‘re looking for something else I would assume that screwed connection is a standard size and therefore any offer from a local DIY would fit. Maybe that‘s just worth a try.

Cheers, Thomas

• Hi Thomas and SLN , thanks,

Unfortunately all the bathroom fittings are not that great, but getting a different replacement for the basin tap is a real test as it has a unique pull out arrangement as you will know from your Flair (I had a 2015 920LF for 4 years before the Palace Liner). I have 2 outstanding queries with Morelo one of which has 3 emails unanswered, another is for an additional 230vac junction box with PCB and connectors which I want to order (to keep it all original). I tire of the effort sometimes and just look for a less painful alternative even if it does cost me money.

Michael

• Offizieller Beitrag

but getting a different replacement for the basin tap is a real test as it has a unique pull out arrangement as you will know from your Flair

You‘re right that sometimes it‘s better to decide for an alternative solution that has a better chance fo a lasting and satisfying solution if you don‘t trust the original parts.

Regarding the tap I believe that also for the pull out arrangement you only need a similar tap and not the hose as the tap is just screwed to it and to my perception it is a standard fitting. So you need a tap that can be plugged into the hole where the hose comes out.

Cheers, Thomas

• kann das so aber nicht verstehen, immer wenn ich Anrufe habe ich im Ersatzteillager einen am Telefon und drei Tage später die Teile zu Hause.

Vielleicht solltest du deine Strategie ändern.

Ich werde Teile anrufen. Normalerweise sende ich eine E-Mail auf Englisch, um sicherzustellen, dass ich mir klar bin. Eine E-Mail gibt ihnen Zeit, meine Anforderungen zu prüfen.

• Hello Michael,

I understand from your mail that the corrosion is on the outlet of the tap? This seems not to be normal since we have had the same one in our former Arto for about seven years without any issue. Only some calcination stains depending on the water quality used. So looks like an issue with the Chrome plating. Other option would be to go back to the producer, which, to my knowledge is a company called Reich.

I can only offer to help and translate, if needed. Just let know and drop me a short message.

Regards,

Ralf

Wenn man Morgens statt zur Arbeit direkt an´s Meer fährt, geht´s eigentlich....

Mit Frau und Hund unterwegs im N&B Flair 880 LE ...

• Thank you everyone. I have today sent a picture of the tap to C. Kress, and reminded him about my previous emails. I will telephone him tomorrow if I do not get a reply. If I cannot resolve it directly I would like to avail myself of the offers on here.

Tell me why does Mega-Buddy call everyone on here "Freaks", I assume it is a term of endearment in German?

Thank you again for your valuable responses.

Michael

• Constantin hat heute Morgen auf meine frühere E-Mail über die elektrischen Teile geantwortet. Ergebnis! Ich habe ihn in meiner Antwort auf die E-Mail im Badezimmer verwiesen, also hoffe ich, dass ich das im selben Paket bekomme?
    Ich habe festgestellt, dass Morelo jetzt einen neuen Hahnstil verwendet, ähnlich, aber das Aussehen eines robusteren Produkts?:thumbup::-)):-))

• Sounds good. Keep fingers crossed that all issues can be solved now. By the way, the use of "Freak" in German language can also describe a very enthusiastic expert.....;)

Regards,

Ralf

Wenn man Morgens statt zur Arbeit direkt an´s Meer fährt, geht´s eigentlich....

Mit Frau und Hund unterwegs im N&B Flair 880 LE ...

• Sounds good. Keep fingers crossed that all issues can be solved now. By the way, the use of "Freak" in German language can also describe a very enthusiastic expert.....;)

Regards,

Ralf

I have now had confirmation from Constantin that the tap will be in the package!

Ralf you will know "Freak" is a disparaging comment in English, bordering on discriminatory if used to describe a disabled person for example, so you can imagine my shock when I read the post. It demonstrates the occasional difficulty that can be experienced in translating some posts!

• By the way, the use of "Freak" in German language can also describe a very enthusiastic expert.....

another example for the same word in English and German but different meaning (so-called False Friends):

"handy"

- in German = mobile, cell phone

= in English = practical, convenient

regards klaus