Victron and Home Assistant integration

• Hi

as there's people here playing as well with domotic system I wanted to share my progress regarding the subject.

I've added recently a Victron GX Tank to my install and now able to integrate SuperSense with Victron. As a results through the Victron modbus interface I'm now able to see my tank levels in Home Assistant:

My UI at the moment has:

- a Telsa style power reporting, showing Grid/Generator consumption, PV production, Battery charge and discharge, AC/DC loads, Quality of the Grid line and Volts of my battery
    - The tank levels, including the LPG

- Starter Battery of the Iveco daily status (volts + charging current)
    - Generator Applet to start the generator remotely, current run runtime and reasons for the start (automatic based on conditions or manual)
    - Input current limiter

the next things I want to add are:

- Display the battery autonomy I'll have for the next hours (based on current consumption)
    - Display the tanks autonomy I'll have for the next days (based on the current day consumption)

- Reminder of when the tanks have been filled / emptied the last time (day)
    - Button to start the generator manually for 1 hours (so that I press a button and won't need to manually stop it after 1 hour)

- A condition that it I start the generator remotely but AC is not detected after 2 mins it will restart the generator 2-3 times. Sometime the generator won't start immediately at the first try :)

- Integration with my Alarm system (both to arm/disarm - but also to report if one the flap or door/windows have been left open)

Hope you like it :D

• Looks Great stepir,

Can you tell a bit more about the hardware and apps you are using? Is this a project where you program apps yourself or are you setting up am existing app?

I am not familiar with the Victron Tank, or the domestic software you refer to. Can you please explain a bit more.

Best regards,

Roel

Das was den Männer von den Jungs unterscheidet ist der Preis des Spielzeugs.

• Hi Roel sorry for the late answer

The software is home assistant

https://www.home-assistant.io/

It offer both a web interface but also an IOS (iPhone) version.

The server side run on dedicated hardware - you have plenty of choices, perhaps on a motorhome the easiest would be a raspberry as it’s little and with very low power requirements.

Home assistant offer tons of integration capabilities (with victron, many alarm system, smart plugs, etc etc). It also have great automation capabilities and it’s relatively easy to script/code.

As per what it concern the tank integration it work in this way:

- I replaced my tank sensors with SuperSense which has voltage output

- the victron tank gx can read the voltage output of SuperSense and bring those readings to the victron portal

- I have victron integration in home assistant

- basically I’m reading the tank levels from the victron portal and representing those in home assistant

• Hi stepir,

No Problem. Thank you for the tips. I will check that software out, I have two raspberry PI’s idle at home. Maybe I can use one of them.

Regards,

Roel

Das was den Männer von den Jungs unterscheidet ist der Preis des Spielzeugs.