Morelo Carbon Graphics applied in error!

• After careful consideration at the factory visit we decided not to have the Morelo carbon graphics and we have written confirmation of this in the order acknowledgement. I have been looking closely at the factory pictures I have just received and it would seem that these have been applied. See picture. Can other Morelo owners confirm I am correct?
    Has anyone removed the graphics and does it cause issues with the window frames as the film is fixed to the panel before the windows are fitted. I am trying to consider leaving them on or insisting on their removal.
    Thank you.
    Michael

2019 Morelo Palace Liner 88LB SLO with slide out on MB chassis

• After careful consideration at the factory visit we decided not to have the Morelo carbon graphics and we have written confirmation of this in the order acknowledgement. I have been looking closely at the factory pictures I have just received and it would seem that these have been applied. See picture. Can other Morelo owners confirm I am correct?
    Has anyone removed the graphics and does it cause issues with the window frames as the film is fixed to the panel before the windows are fitted. I am trying to consider leaving them on or insisting on their removal.
    Thank you.
    Michael

The only problem I see for later that the film peels off and the replacement does not look nice :/

• Hi Michael,

We haven’t ordered the carbon graphics as well. In our case (plain and simple Palace, no Liner) the standard black sheet will be applied. Are you sure that sheet with carbon graphics has been applied and not the regular one?

Ralf

Glaube nicht alles, was du hörst
    Sage nicht alles, was du willst und
    Tue nicht alles, was du magst
    (M.Luther)

Aus einem verzagten Arsch kommt kein fröhlicher Furz (M.Luther)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    (A. Lincoln)

• Ralf, lightbulb moment! I did not realise that there were 2 types of black stripes, because I have seen several Morelos with no stripe like this one for example I assumed that the black stripe was the carbon graphic. Thank you. But what are these without any stripe then? I feel a real moron!
    Edit; Sally just reminded me that when we discussed this at the factory the dealer showed us one on the production line with no stripe like this picture to compare and we said yes we will have that. The black plastic scratches easily with trees.
    Michael

• Good Morning Michael,

Standard is the plain black sheet. As an option you can upgrade to the Carbon graphic. As a special request you can also have your RV delivered without any stripes.

In the case you said nothing you should get the standard black sheet applied on the side panels.

Greetings
    Ralf

(M.Luther)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    (A. Lincoln)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Texan () aus folgendem Grund: Rechtschreibung

• Morning Ralf,

Thank you for the clarity. The dealer actually searched the production line to find one without stripes, like the picture I attached, to show us last September when we were agreeing final points. We then agreed that we would have no graphics.

So as they have put the plain black stripe on already what would be the opinion on me insisting on its removal. It fits under the window frames so would I see issues?

Thanks

Michael

• Good morning,

why not make a call to the factory directly on monday - they should know it at its best.

Regards

Elbert

• Good morning,
    why not make a call to the factory directly on monday - they should know it at its best.

Regards

Elbert

Hi Elbert, I think I may email Herr L this weekend and phone on Monday. There were a number of issues with the roof plan which were wrong and fortunately I was able to pick up before construction began and these included some items from the original order! However there are other changes that we made during last year, the graphics are an example, and I hope they have not missed all of them too!

Like you I currently have a Flair (920LF from 2015), although N+B have had their problems, I was fortunate to have a 5* dealer in Ulrich Durrwang who ensured that everything was sorted without pain; Gluck are Kindergarten in comparison, sending me pictures and a roof plan which demonstrated they had no idea about my order, albeit the money of course!

Michael

• Hi Michael,

except my first Arto which I bought new from a car dealer - sitting in a bankruptcy for two years, sold to this car dealer with another 3 NB and 4 other makes I always bought directly at the factory in Polch new Flairs which were in stock in their Showroom.

The 920LE was almost fully equipped. Only the Trailer hitch and a a/c for the living was installed as extra before I picked it up in Polch.
    Due to many problems with the 920 NB gave on top for free goldschmitt hydraulic jacks and another a/c for the sleeping.
    Until now, after 4 years and almost 90.000 km it is still in original state. Minor probs with two flat tires and one broken brass hose connection on the heat exchanger I had no more problems.

My advantage is that I know most of the people at NB from 1986 on when I delivered them the aluminium sections and NB is only 50 km away from me.

Thumbs up that all will be fine with your Morelo.

Regards

Elbert

• After help on here especially from Ralf @Texan I now understand the stripe options. For those interested in my misunderstanding here it is.
    A number of UK people with Morelos all complained about keeping the black stripe clean. They all had Carbon Graphics. I understood that the black stripe was the carbon graphic option and that to not select the option was to leave it white. With that understanding we decided to not have the black stripe/carbon graphic and an example of this was shown to us by our dealer at the factory in September.
    So we are keeping the shiny black plastic!
    Here are some pictures of the colour matched mirrors.

• Hi Michael,

I personally think it looks great with the white mirrors and the plain black stripes on the side panels. The reason why we not opted for the carbon graphics is that it doesn‘t color match with black tinted glass frames on the driver and passenger side. It has a greyish touch which we didn‘t liked.

Greetings
    Ralf

(M.Luther)

(A. Lincoln)