Hacking the CBE Panel of Concorde/Morelo.

• Hi

I'd like to get desktop access to the windows ce running the CBE Panels of Concorde/Morelo.

I know the system have blocked and I think the only way is finding what is the filename used for updating the system though the USB port on the back.

Keyboard and mouse drivers have been disabled/removed (see attach)

Wondering if anyone here has any information to share for such purpose.

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello "stepir",

happy welcome in our community. I assume that you are not familiar with us. We value a friendly and rather personal atmosphere in our discussions. So please allow me to draw your attention at an aspect that helps to arrive in our group.

Imagine you and your friend are sitting your favorite pub over a good sip of beer, chatting about stuff that you usually share together. All of the sudden the door opens, a stranger enters the room and shouts a question into the room about a problem he faces and then expects the group to pay him attention and answer his request. So what do you think? How would your group of friends react.

Well, I may have a different culture than your friends but my parents educated me that whenever I'm entering a new group of people it is courteous to shortly introduce myself so that the people around have an idea who they're dealing with. So maybe you realize what I mean. In case you might consider this we have a specific area for such introductions: click me to the introduction threads

By the way we do have quite a few English speaking people in this forum as well as some folks living on the island ( = UK) ;). So feel free to communicate either in German or English. If you want to read everything I recommend to use a translator in parallel (most I know use the google thing).

Cheers, Thomas

• thanks Heiko

the image It run has been prepared (most probably) using an embedded environment and disabling most (if not all) the possibility to interact with the board in the standard ways. It won't answer ActiveSync request.

I think the only way to gather control is launching explorer.exe - normally on PNA this is achieved by knowing the filename the system use for updates and rename explorer.exe to the that name on a usb drive.

see here as an example - https://ripitapart.com/2018/10…t-dsox1102g-oscilloscope/

I would need someone that had the panel being sw updated... :D

I was thinking of using a PI Zero and configuring in OTG virtual disk mode - it can simulate being a USB drive... to try to sniff which filesystem operations is the CBE panel doing on it. Unfortunately the partition is exposed as a block device and I'm not able to monitor what is happening inside...

• the image It run has been prepared (most probably) using an embedded environment and disabling most (if not all) the possibility to interact with the board in the standard ways. It won't answer ActiveSync request.

I think the only way to gather control is launching explorer.exe - normally on PNA this is achieved by knowing the filename the system use for updates and rename explorer.exe to the that name on a usb drive.

see here as an example - https://ripitapart.com/2018/10…t-dsox1102g-oscilloscope/

I would need someone that had the panel being sw updated... :D

I was thinking of using a PI Zero and configuring in OTG virtual disk mode - it can simulate being a USB drive... to try to sniff which filesystem operations is the CBE panel doing on it. Unfortunately the partition is exposed as a block device and I'm not able to monitor what is happening inside...

I'm not very familiar with WinCE and this sounds like rocket science for me. :D

One argue why I prefer an independent system. ;)