Hymer are laying off staff?

• I have read that Germany is approaching a technical recession and then have read that Hymer are laying off staff due to "an unexpected fall in orders". Is this hurting other manufacturers as Morelo are still quoting 1 year for a new order at CMT. Are new opportunities for deep discounts near?

2019 Morelo Palace Liner 88LB SLO with slide out on MB chassis

• I think you might be right Martin, it may be the US arm, I had a flash come up on my phone just stating "Erwin Hymer Group" with references to German recession so I will look further. Maybe some German members will know?

• Good Morning,

I just checked the web for any news regarding lay off's at EHG and couldn't find anything. I do not believe that major lay off's are currently planned. In reference to the Thor deal it seems plausible to me that especially in the administrative area adjustments are being made in the US and in Germany. With one company only you do not need double resources in Finance, HR, etc. On the other hand if you plan to further grow you business you will need to invest into the sales force and you manufacturing capabilities. It is obvious that it is only pure speculation on my side but I do not believe that major cuts will be seen in the technical and/or sales area.

Ralf

Glaube nicht alles, was du hörst
    Sage nicht alles, was du willst und
    Tue nicht alles, was du magst
    (M.Luther)

Aus einem verzagten Arsch kommt kein fröhlicher Furz (M.Luther)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    (A. Lincoln)