Change 6m Thule awning for 2x3m? M Palace Liner

• We found the 6 metre awning on the Flair difficult to manage at times, now on the 2019 Palace Liner with the added height the problem is even greater. There is inevitably a larger amount of fabric unsupported and exposed to gusts as you bring it in. This happened this week and my wife on one end simply could not hold on. No serious damage just an arm mounting clamp on the bar moved out of alignment.
    I have seen several C with a twin awning, what do you think about the practicality of changing to 2 x 3m on the Palace Liner?

Michael

2019 Morelo Palace Liner 88LB SLO with slide out on MB chassis

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello Michael,

At first sight it seems to be a very practical idea. Thinking about it though two points come into my mind why I wouldn´t do it.

Firstly you will have more poles. Unfortunately two of them will stand right in the middle in front of the vehicle where I think they would be very uncomfortable.

Secondly there will be a part in the section between the two awnings where you have no sun or rain protection. Especially for use on rainy days this to me seems not a very good solution.

It´ll be interesting to hear the comments of those who do have such a solution attached.

Cheers, Thomas

• Hi Thomas,
    All valid points that my wife and I debated. Like you it would be good to hear from someone with the 2 awning setup. Also as I have seen 2 such installations on Concordes (DE registration), is it a standard option with C?

Michael

2019 Morelo Palace Liner 88LB SLO with slide out on MB chassis