Morelo Buttner Solar Panels

• Hello,

We collect our 3rd MORELO in a few weeks. I have a problem that the solar system is not big enough. I want to add more panels but Buttner do not sell the 130watt panels. What have you done to sort this problem and add more. I have opted for the compressor fridge, so need as much power as I can get.

Thank you from Scotland

Stewart

Code
    Wir holen unser 3. MORELO in wenigen Wochen ab. Ich habe ein Problem, dass das Sonnensystem nicht groß genug ist. Ich möchte weitere Panels hinzufügen, aber Buttner verkauft die 130-Watt-Panels nicht. Was haben Sie getan, um dieses Problem zu lösen und weitere hinzuzufügen? Ich habe mich für den Kompressorkühlschrank entschieden, brauche also so viel Strom wie möglich.

Vielen Dank aus Schottland

Stewart
  • Hallo Stewart

Die 130 Watt Panels sind exklusive Produkte von Büttner für Morelo. Sie sind ja auch mit „Morelo“ bezeichnet. So bekommst du diese Platten nur bei Morelo oder bei einem Morelohändler.

So musste das meine Werkstatt auch machen. Bekommen hat sie die Platten von der Firma Hünerkopf.

Gruss

Rolf

• Hi Steward,

there are plenty of options. There is no need to add further Büttner modules. If you want Büttner I suggest to check the dimensions of the 190Wp panel. Otherwise just get good quality panels from a different manufacturer together with a solar charger and install it either yourself or have it installed by somebody else.

Ralf

Glaube nicht alles, was du hörst
    Sage nicht alles, was du willst und
    Tue nicht alles, was du magst
    (M.Luther)

Aus einem verzagten Arsch kommt kein fröhlicher Furz (M.Luther)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    (A. Lincoln)

• If the target ist to power your fridge, you may use any other brand of solar panel. I would recommend to use some additional panels which will fit your roof and have a productivity level of at least 21%. Use a separate MPPT solar charger with a high voltage of 100V. This can be connected directly to the battery.

Back contact cells are very effective.

How much power you need ist a calculation and depends on your daily power usage.

You new fridge will not use a lot of power, ( less than an absorber type ) but it needs power when in use.

Check the fridge data on power consumption in watts or Ah per hour. and multiply by 24 to calculate the consumption.

Then multiply by 1.5 for safety for daily consumption

• Hello,

we‘ve also the Siemens compressor fridge and only 4 solar panels and only 320AH of Li batteries. We also use an Induction stove (230V) with daily cooking of tea water and also every 2 days in average for cooking meals.

We‘ve never used „Landstrom“ so far. In the spring time our panels supply 20A and more, in the September in Italy never above 17A. I think it was to warm and the sun already to low. Cold panels seems to be more efficient than warm ones.

We also stayed for more than a week at one place without moving. If you will drive after 2 or 3 days, you will never get out of power.

If you have more panels and more battery capacity than us, everything should be fine, I guess.

If you have German Angst of „Reichweite“ you may use a power generator for rainy periods.

Regards

Kai

• 0ur Variomobil is "gas free". we heat with diesel ( 1x warm water und 2x air). cooking with induction, warm water by electric boiler, fridge. / freezer compressor.