The LinerTreff goes international ...

• Dear international LinerTreff community,

today we´re very happy to be able to announce some exciting news which again prove that the LinerTreff rightly is being seen as THE modern and superior meeting place for the fans of large RV´s and that it will experience a further strengthening of our community in the future especially for our users outside of Germany.

Now for more than 6 years the LinerTreff exists and the number of users continuously grows showing the high attractiveness of our forum. Thus the LinerTreff already today is the leading forum in Europe for all topics around large RV´s and regarding the use of these “great” vehicles. Since the beginning we´re enjoying the participation of users from all over Europe including non-German speaking members in our group. Therefore very often translation programs are being used which for the respective users may be bothersome and which also may lead to misunderstandings in the ongoing discussions.

Now we believe it´s time to move on and go for the next step ahead. We have developed an international, anglophone language module for our forum in which our international members may exchange their posts using the English language. This will enhance the foundation of the LinerTreff especially for those users who are not familiar with the German language. By doing so the whole structure of the forum will be identical in both modules, the German and the English module, and therefore it will be easy to orient oneself in it. Only the language in form of titles and comments will be different.

And even more the solution enables all users – meaning the German speaking and the non German speaking community – to decide on a one-by-one basis whether he/she only wants to use the German module, only wants to use the English module or both (concurrent or in alternation). By just one click this can be adjusted. For doing so you find a new button in the upper right corner which enables you to very simply adjust your language settings:

Now what does that mean for you and for the LinerTreff?

Well, for those who do not feel comfortable to use the English language and who just want to read the German posts they can simply restrict their settings to the German module and basically nothing changes vs. the previous experience. Vica versa this obviously also applies for those users who are having a hard time with the German language and thy might want to restrict their settings to the English module. And whoever feels comfortable with both languages or who might also want to read the posts in the other language choses both modules in parallel simply by adjusting the settings accordingly. Of course all settings can be changed again at any time and as simple as explained above.

For the LinerTreff this opens new opportunities to increase its attractiveness for users in countries outside of Germany and it improves especially in respect to its usability and handling. Today we already enjoy users from the Bosporus to Scandinavia and from the Baltic states to Iberia. For them and for new users from countries all over Europe we improve the accessibility of our fantastic Forum. Our topics which we discuss in the LinerTreff surely are relevant for these users as well and thus our community now will be able to grow in more countries.

The moderation for the English language module initially will be carried out by the well-known moderators Thomas and Josef with support by the other moderators. It is planned that over time this should be extended by a native English speaking moderator once the activity level within the English module grows to a decent level which likely will take some time. The leadership of the forum will remain in the hands of the 4 moderators together with Josef.

Now we´re very excited to see how this develops in the near and far future. The foundation is laid that the LinerTreff with its lasting very high activity rate amongst its users will continue to provide enjoyment and useful informations for its community. … now even more internationally. :coolman:

Your moderators

Martina :-)) , Hermann :-)) , Schorsch :-)) , Thomas :-)) and Josef :-))

• Dear LinerTreff team

That looks a great feature, I read a lot on the forum via Google Chrome auto translate, but I post very little as my German is non existent.

Martin

MORELO palace 85L on Euro 6d Daily

Yes I have changed my username from "funflair" we don't have the Flair anymore.

• OK possibly I should have said "that sounds like a great feature" in reality though I am not convinced yet, if I switch the forum to English I can only see English contributions but not the ones in German, the way I have been working is to view the forum via a translator like Google Chrome and then I can see and read all contributions, if I want to post in English and the viewer can read English then OK, otherwise they have the choice to translate as a one off or just ignore me, I understand and respect that this is a German speaking forum.

It seems like the English module only shows a very small part of the forum ie posted in English.

Am I understanding correctly or missing something?

Martin

Martin

MORELO palace 85L on Euro 6d Daily

Yes I have changed my username from "funflair" we don't have the Flair anymore.

• Hello Martin,

our expectation is that over time there also will develop a sound base of international users who are not as familiar with translation programs and/or who prefer to have conversations directly in the English language. That means we will have both modules in parallel but not combined.

All non-German-speaking users of course can continue to use the German module with the support of the translation tools and thus participate in these discussions as well.

Cheers, Thomas