Nun also Elektronik von Büttner im neuen Morelo Palace

• Hallo,
    ich habe eine LI-Batterie von Mastervolt Wechselrichter auch Mastervolt und Solarregler von Büttner.

Das Problem der Büttner Regler kann mit der LI-Batterie von Mastervolt angeblich nicht kommunizieren.

Also 4 Platten laufen jetzt über den Mastervolt Wechselrichter und die anderen 4 Platten
    Sind Totgelegt worden??????? Einfach die Sicherung aus dem Büttner Regler gezogen.

Könnte mir vorstellen das Morelo wohl deshalb auf einen neuen Anbieter wechselt damit alles aus einem Hause kommt.

• I have been told today that there is no way that they will install the Mastervolt Lithium package in my Palace Liner. Only Buttner which does not work for us as the power management only allows 3 amp, 6 amp and 16 amp limits. Useless. We visit the factory next week so I will tell them not to bother and I will have Victron fitted by a local installer. The arrogance is beyond belief!

Very bad news, my be you mast change to Concorde? ;(
    They will only save Money on each Motorhome! :thumbdown:

• Mastervolt hat auch Solarregler mit Busanschluss, wussten die vielleicht nicht! :rolleyes:

• Vielleicht sprichst du mal mit Philippi, die sollten sich da gut auskennen!

https://www.philippi-online.de…te/marken/mastervolt.html

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have been told today that there is no way that they will install the Mastervolt Lithium package in my Palace Liner. Only Buttner which does not work for us as the power management only allows 3 amp, 6 amp and 16 amp limits. Useless. We visit the factory next week so I will tell them not to bother and I will have Victron fitted by a local installer. The arrogance is beyond belief!

This is what we all experience with more or less all of the brands. They calculate the RV in a way that the base price is competitive and with the extras the margin is boosted. Therefore your decision is perfect. Don´t bother with the non-flexible answer of M and look for a company that is able to work to your needs. This way you will save money and end up with a better solution.

• Very bad news, my be you mast change to Concorde? ;( They will only save Money on each Motorhome! :thumbdown:

I looked at Concorde, but we came down from a 12 mt Yankee with 4 slides to the Flair at 9.3 which was the right choice for our touring but I missed the space, so stop the waltzing in the kitchen and lounge a 9.3 mt with a slide, but Concorde do not have a 9.3 mt with slide! So Morelo! They are not like my experience with NiBi through Durrwang in Dortmund. Morelo are a root canal in Ethiopia without anaesthetic!

2019 Morelo Palace Liner 88LB SLO with slide out on MB chassis

• I have been told today that there is no way that they will install the Mastervolt Lithium package in my Palace Liner. Only Buttner which does not work for us as the power management only allows 3 amp, 6 amp and 16 amp limits. Useless. We visit the factory next week so I will tell them not to bother and I will have Victron fitted by a local installer. The arrogance is beyond belief!

Michaels,

I do not want to defend Morelo in any way but it might be that Büttner has exclusivity rights for the electrical installation in the new Palace and that it has nothing to do with arrogance.

Ralf

Glaube nicht alles, was du hörst
    Sage nicht alles, was du willst und
    Tue nicht alles, was du magst
    (M.Luther)

Aus einem verzagten Arsch kommt kein fröhlicher Furz (M.Luther)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    (A. Lincoln)

• Offizieller Beitrag

but it might be that Büttner has exclusivity rights for the electrical installation in the new Palace and that it has nothing to do with arrogance.

Ralf, I´m sure you´re right that this has nothing to do with arrogance but the choice for Büttner most probably was not made because they decided for the best technical solution but rather I would suspect that they decided for a very good price offer from Büttner vs. other suppliers. Therefore the limitation for Büttner ist not the best solution for the customers but it´s the best solution for the margin of M.

• By arrogance, I mean that I have placed an order for a vehicle, they, Morelo, think that this is because of them, but the vehicle is the sum of its parts, each in itself not defining but important, and to remove a device or system and arrogantly say "we know better than you Mr Customer" without a full explanation is crap. They are defined by their OEM choices and to say we are a Premium Manufacturer and then only offer a solution which is clearly not best of breed and site issues which Concorde and others do not have is undermining the brand.
    BUT I fear the real issue is selling sophisticated systems to unsophisticated users.... they will sell a truck chassis to a buyer who does not have a C licence, so why not sell a complex electrical system to a buyer who does not know the basis of a 12 volt battery?

• Again,

I do not want to defend Morelo in any way and I certainly respect your opinion Michael, however I do not agree with you. I suggest we leave it there.

Good night
    Ralf

(M.Luther)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    (A. Lincoln)

• Again,

I do not want to defend Morelo in any way and I certainly respect your opinion Michael, however I do not agree with you. I suggest we leave it there.

Good night
    Ralf

Good Morning Ralph, I apologise if my response was too strong but I am angry at the moment as I have only been told at the last minute. I have a meeting at the factory on Wednesday to finalise simple things like leather colour and additional power sockets, so I have no chance to investigate options in detail and come up with a credible plan. However I am open to being convinced if there is an argument of merit for Buttner, but I want 2 AC connections out one switched, and I want the ability to set in any increment of amps of shore side breaker, a la Victron and Mastervolt.

• Hi Martin,

Don‘t worry I do not believe that answer has been too strong and there is from my point of view no reason to apologize. I understand that bying a RV for such a fortune is an emotional decision by itself and getting informed about last minute changes that really matter for you can be very disapointing.

The only point I was trying to make is that contractual constraints may nit allow Morelo to install anything other than Büttner in their factory. I would hope that Morelo understands that the use of a different electronic manufacturer for technical reason matters for you and that they are willing to find a solution that suits both Morelo and their customer(s).

I wish you success in your discussion with Morelo and hope that this unfortunate discussion about electrical devices doesn‘t take any pleasure of you while waiting for your RV. I am sure there will be a solution found and I cross my fingers that everything will turn out positive.

Ralf

(M.Luther)

(A. Lincoln)

• Ralf, I think I have a plan!
    I will take the Buttner Lithium pack with a couple of extra batteries, still E5k less than Mastervolt with 2 but a difference of 480 amp with B and 720 with 2 MV batteries. Then I will get the dealer to take out the Buttner MT-ICC 3.000 SI-N / 120 A inverter charger and fit a Victron Quatro plus a Victron remote panel. Hopefully for a credit on the returned Buttner. If not I will still be in pocket and have a MT-ICC 3.000 SI-N / 120 A to sell. The units are about the same size. But maybe Buttner have a more refined unit with what I want, as the Buttner 160 amp Lith battery that Morelo offer is not on the Buttner web site?

Michael

• Michael,

If I remember correctly Morelo is using the 160 Ah Super B Li-Battery.

Ralf

(M.Luther)

(A. Lincoln)

• Ralf, I think I have a plan!
    I will take the Buttner Lithium pack with a couple of extra batteries, still E5k less than Mastervolt with 2 but a difference of 480 amp with B and 720 with 2 MV batteries. Then I will get the dealer to take out the Buttner MT-ICC 3.000 SI-N / 120 A inverter charger and fit a Victron Quatro plus a Victron remote panel. Hopefully for a credit on the returned Buttner. If not I will still be in pocket and have a MT-ICC 3.000 SI-N / 120 A to sell. The units are about the same size. But maybe Buttner have a more refined unit with what I want, as the Buttner 160 amp Lith battery that Morelo offer is not on the Buttner web site?

Michael

Victron energy change 2018 the Lithium Battery inside from Lithium Batterien Winston Thundersky Typ LYP (LiFeYPo4) to LiFePO4, this is a step back!
    Mastervolt has still the Lithium Batterien Winston Thundersky Typ LYP (LiFeYPo4) inside!

Translate this page and look for
    Update 2018!

https://www.amumot.de/lipo-lithium-batterie-wohnmobil/

• Thank you, that is interesting. I don't plan to change the batteries or the setup that Morelo install with the exception of just the inverter charger to a Victron Quatro to give me 2 AC out and power assist in .5 amp increments by the Victron remote, unless Buttner now have this which I doubt. Reasoning being that I can get Morelo to install all the loom and the engine charging configuration for the Lithium. The reason for going the Victron retro route and not Mastervolt is simply that I have had 2 boats (one with 1800 amp Lifeline AGM and 2 multi-pluse's in parallel installed by me) and 2 RV with Victron, I am very familiar with the VE Config software, and they have a 5 year warranty. I liked your video on your Lithium upgrade by the way and if this was not a new vehicle install with all the warranty concerns I could be very tempted!

• Schau mal in die Beschreibung vom busfähigen Mastervolt Solarregler!

http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws…r=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0

• Ich möchte gerne dieses Thema , jetzt nachdem ja nun einige Morelo Modelle mit der neuen Büttner Elektronik ausgeliefert wurden, nochmal aufgreifen.
    Wie sind Eure Erfahrungen mit der Zuverlässigkeit (zumindest schon mal bis jetzt), mit der Lautstärke des Wechselrichters, mit den Solarplatten, oder auch mit dem Zusammenspiel der einzelnen Komponenten?

Das ist eine schon komische Situation sich beim bestellenen eines neuen Fahrzeug mit dem Aftersails beschäftigen zu müssen.
    Wir haben uns die 4000 Euro für die 600W Solar auch gespart und haben diese für, ich glaube es waren 1200-1400 Euro nachrüsten lassen.

Hey Cruiser,
    1200-1400 € für 600 Watt Solar? Bei wem konntest Du das denn für diesen Preis realisieren lassen?
    Ich habe mir in der Zwischenzeit von vier unterschiedlichen Nachrüstern Preise eingeholt.
    Rechnet man alle Komponenten zusammen (Lithium Batterien, Solarplatten, Wechselrichter, Ladebooster, Batteriecomputer , etc, plus Einbaukosten) lagen die Angebote ausnahmslos auf einem ähnlichen Level wie die aktuellen Morelo Kosten, zum Teil sogar deutlich darüber.

Da sind ja Deine ~ 1400,-€ ein echter Schnapper für 600 Watt Solar