Air suspension on front yes/no?

• Hi All

We have narrowed our search to PhoeniX Maxi Liner on Daily Chassis or Morelo Loft again on Daily the WoMo would be less than 8.5 meters.

the advice from manufacturers is confusing when one says do not put on front air on less than 9 metres and certainly not front air and front seats and the other says go ahead and fit both.

I drove the Loft 78F without front air and empty it rode very nicely on its suspension, I drove the Maxi liner 8800 with both front air and air seats and it was a little bit bouncy.

I am worried that when the M might need air to ride level, but then that it would be the P might be bouncy.

Any advice / comments.

thanks

Martin

PS the M option is easier for us as we have UK dealer but not for P.

Martin

MORELO palace 85L on Euro 6d Daily

Yes I have changed my username from "funflair" we don't have the Flair anymore.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello Martin, as usual there is not just one single answer to that. Personally I am a big fan of the full 4C air suspension as the ride gets smoother and besides this you also get the advantage to lower the chassis at the campsite which in combination with automatic jacks also gives more utilizable hub for the jacks.

Also you get a bit more flexibility for driving onto a ferry or driving through a ramp since you can lower the front axle whilst you can raise the rear axle at the same time. And lastly it helps to empty the tanks as you can tilt the vehicle at the dumping station. So all-in-all there´s quite a few relevant aspects to take into consideration. For me there is only one major reason for not picking the full 4C which is the price in comparison to a 2C.

Regarding the air seats we have chosen not to select them as we got quite some feedback from other RV-drivers that confirmed the tendency towards a rather bouncy driving experience but I have to admit that I don´t have own personal experience with such seats. So far we don´t miss them but surely here in the forum there will be other quotes in this respect as well.

• Hi Martin,

I was struggling with exactly the same question. After a test drive with a Palace full air plus Air seats and a Palace with only Rear Air suspension things cleared up for my wife and I: as you mentioned the full air suspension with the air seats seemed to be too bumpy for us. As the dealer told us that in the case we weren't getting happy with rear air and seats only it wouldn't be a problem to install the front air suspension later.

Therefore from my point of view: Rear Air suspension plus the air seats

Have fun
    Ralf

Glaube nicht alles, was du hörst
    Sage nicht alles, was du willst und
    Tue nicht alles, was du magst
    (M.Luther)

Aus einem verzagten Arsch kommt kein fröhlicher Furz (M.Luther)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    (A. Lincoln)

• One more thing:

also consider that you only have the adjustable lumbar support with the air seats. Both, my wife and I found them very comfortable.

Ralf

Glaube nicht alles, was du hörst
    Sage nicht alles, was du willst und
    Tue nicht alles, was du magst
    (M.Luther)

Aus einem verzagten Arsch kommt kein fröhlicher Furz (M.Luther)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    (A. Lincoln)

• if you want to have a comfortable ride take both.
    it is not comparable with the old ones with the new chassis
    I recommend a test drive and then you have it
    Sporty drivers do not need it. the cruisers among the camper drivers take both ;)

Thanks, test driving is good BUT it can be 2000km round trip and a ferry ride for us to drive WoMo.

Martin

Martin

• Martin,

So you are getting close to the end game?

Michael

Ha Ha Michael

We do go around in circles, trying to go a little shorter without making too many compromises, certainly not having a smaller garage which dictates which bed layout, we still want a bar version (I do anyway) so inevitably the bathroom has to shrink and with either P or M the wardrobe would then be outside of the bathroom and no heated towel rail in M Loft.

Martin

Martin