Slide Out Problem

• Ich hatte ein Problem mit dem Film auf meiner Folie. Eine Blase hat sich entwickelt.

Ich habe dies mit der Fabrik besprochen und sie sind sich nicht sicher, ob das Durchstechen der Blase und das Zurückdrücken mit Hitze funktionieren wird. Mir wurde gesagt, dass es für 3 Wochen zurück in die Fabrik gehen muss. Die Techniker werden es von innen reparieren ???
    Hat jemand mit einer Folie dieses Problem erlebt?
    Ich habe Mühe zu verstehen, warum die Reparatur von innen erfolgt.

Thank you

Michael

2019 Morelo Palace Liner 88LB SLO with slide out on MB chassis

• Vielleicht wollen Sie die Folie von innen durch ein kleines Loch zurücksaugen . Ob das sinnvoll ist kann ich nicht sagen. Fakt ist aber das da Luft/Feuchtigkeit drunter ist.

Ein einziger kleiner Wassertropfen wird warm und geht bei Wärme in gasförmigen Zustand über. Der dehnt sich dann halt aus und so entsteht schnell eine Blase.

Das passiert eben wenn nicht alle Feuchtigkeit bei der Montage mit einem Rakel Komplet entfernt worden ist.

Besser aber aufwendiger ist sicher die Folie Komplet zu tauschen

• Danke Rufus. Ich habe eine lokale Folienfirma, die sich mit einer solchen Lösung befasst. Morelo hat Bedenken hinsichtlich des Heizelements unter der Folie geäußert. Leider konnte ich mir ohne die Folie kein Bild von der Kapsel machen. Es wäre gut zu hören, wenn andere diese Erfahrung gemacht hätten?

• Michaels, reading your comment on the heating under the foil leads me to the conclusionthat we are not talking about a purely decorative film, but a more complex exterior wall heating system to prevent the freezing of the slide out, respectively the gasket around the slide out.

I would have my concerns if a deco-foil shop would try to fix this by opening the bubble and then damaging the heating system underneath.

Regards,

Ralf

Wenn man Morgens statt zur Arbeit direkt an´s Meer fährt, geht´s eigentlich....

Mit Frau und Hund unterwegs im N&B Flair 880 LE ...

• Ralf, yes this is a comment that has been made, however it will be a small needle to just pierce the foil and release the pressure. Morelo say they have tried this before but it has not been 100% successful. It is difficult as I do not have a full understanding of the construction of the pod. I have a slot booked at the factory service in July (???Covid???) but their proposal is worrying. I was hoping that someone on here has had the problem and can discuss their experience. It just seems to me that there has to be an easier way than removing furniture and cutting the wall out from the inside.

• i would ask directly Head of Service of Morelo what they exactly like to do

regards klaus

Thank you. After Monday, when I have a foil professional visiting to remove the bubble if possible, in the method described above, I will review the situation and my options. Before I decide to let factory carry out any work I will indeed be seeking a written outline of the work and procedures together with options that are open to me like the complete replacement of the pod should I feel that destructive proposals will leave their mark.

I have found Morelo very obliging and helpful but sometimes it is difficult to get to speak with the person that actually has the knowledge and whom you can challenge for detailed explanations.

Michael