Morelo Schwarze und Graue Tanksensoren

• Ich habe jetzt Supersense, habe mich aber entschieden, sie getrennt zu halten und nur in der App und auf meinem Victron Cerbo anzuzeigen. Dadurch können die werkseitigen Morelo-Sensoren Redundanz bieten.
    Vor 2 Wochen würde der schwarze Tanksensor (Morelo) nicht auf Null löschen, sondern nur 25%. Ich habe den Tank gespült und mit frischem Wasser gefüllt, aber der Fehler bleibt bestehen. Ein anderer Besitzer hat das gleiche Problem mit seinem grauen Tank.
    Kann jemand einen Einblick in mögliche Probleme geben, da ich verstanden habe, dass sich der Sensor außerhalb des Tanks befand und daher nicht verschmutzt werden konnte.

Thank you

Michael

2019 Morelo Palace Liner 88LB SLO with slide out on MB chassis

• Hi Michael,

It could be possible that the metal shell or the tube is blocked with some rest water.

Please check and if so please get in touch with comworks. There are new metal shells available with a wider hole.

Cheers

Dirk

• Hi Dirk,

Sorry my German was not clear. My supersense are good, indeed the best find ever so far. It is the Morelo factory fit sensors which I have not disconnected from the Morelo CBE cp. I just have them as backup because reading Supersense on the App and the Cerbo is all I need and easier.

Also another UK van has the problem with his grey tank Morelo sensor.

Michael

• Hallo, der Fehler tritt auch bei unserem Schwarzwassertank auf, der Alarm wurde auch schon mal angezeigt obwohl der Füllstand nur bei den unteren 2 Feldern war und der Tank leer war. Ein spülen und befüllen mit frischem Wasser und vor dem Ablassen einfüllen von Spülmaschienenreiniger brachte bisher keine Verbesserung. Der Unterboden ist bei Morelo leider komplett zu und somit kommt man so ohne weiteres nirgendwo dran. Daher schließe ich mich hier an, was könnte man tun?

• Hello Michael, just to understand properly, the issue is with the original Sensor, not the Supersense? If so, there will be a residue of toiletpaper, which bridges two of the metal wires of the sensor. Rinsing with the mounted device does not always help. In this case, either ignoring and counting on a "natural" solution after the next flush of the tank. Or opening the revision hole and rinsing manually. I personally would start with the first.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Ralf

Wenn man Morgens statt zur Arbeit direkt an´s Meer fährt, geht´s eigentlich....

Mit Frau und Hund unterwegs im N&B Flair 880 LE ...

• Hi Ralf,

You understand perfectly. Supersense is all good, data displayed accurately on the App and on my Victron Cerbo GX. The Morelo factory fitted standard sensors remain feeding their data to the Morelo control panel, purely as a redundancy measure on my part, and these are the problem.

I too have had a Flair, 2015 920LF, and know of the two rods that form the sensor in the NiBi tanks. Also NiBi fit tank inspection points in the floor or the black tank can be inspected from the outside locker or under the sink unit.. However Morelo do not fit inspection points although I understand they are available as expensive special options. So I have no way of inspecting the tank sensors on my Palace Liner. I also was advised that Morelo fit sonar sensors by the salesman at Gluck. So the question is what sensors are fitted as standard by Morelo and how can they be checked, also can they be calibrated.

Thank you for your feedback.

• Jeezzz, inspection locker only as expensive option...? Oops. Wouldn't have expected that.

Need tobask my brother in law, he also owns a Morelo Palace, MY 2020...

Good luck.

Ralf

Wenn man Morgens statt zur Arbeit direkt an´s Meer fährt, geht´s eigentlich....

Mit Frau und Hund unterwegs im N&B Flair 880 LE ...

• Hi Michaels,

I think I absolutely understand your problem as I am currently struggling with the same problem. The original CBE already gives the message at 75% that there is not much more capacity in the black water tank, although your Supersense is only at around 60%. I have a friend at Morelo who I will ask next week about a solution for switching off or calibrating the original display.

I'll come back to you.

Regards

Marco

Die Freiheit des Menschen liegt nicht darin, dass er tun kann, was er will, sondern, dass er nicht tun muss, was er nicht will.

• Hi all,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to reprogram the CBE that easily. That would then actually expand the CBE and send it to the manufacturer. This means that the alarm and the resulting shutdown of the rinse water cannot be changed either by yourself or by Morelo. That's not really good news.

Regards

Marco

Die Freiheit des Menschen liegt nicht darin, dass er tun kann, was er will, sondern, dass er nicht tun muss, was er nicht will.

• Thanks Marco. Rereading your post I would like to provide some additional detail. Like you there was always a discrepancy between the Supersense reading and the Morelo sensor reading on my system. The course break points of 25% made this inevitable. Indeed prior to the addition of Supersense I had created a table of litre volume at the beginning of each break as there could be 75 litres between the start of 50% on the display and the end of it. However this recent change has resulted in the display never going to 0% on the Black. Another owner has the same issue but on his grey. So this is a recent change and I was hoping for some insight.

Thankyou for your investigation.

Michael

• I can only imagine that this error has something to do with possible pollution. If you leave your vehicle with the valve open after the last draining of the black water, I think that the sensors can dry out. Perhaps this then leads to the fact that 0% can no longer be displayed. In the end, only rinsing or soaking with slightly more aggressive agents will help.

• Sometimes the display shows 25% when there is still a small amount of sewage in the tank. My tanks are only really empty if I tilt the car to the side while draining the sewage. Try it together with vigorous rinsing and then wait a few minutes until everything is really empty.

• ohh, yes - very exact attachment and consequent very exact measurement :00008862:

Perhaps the first sensor actually came loose or slipped. That would explain a lot.

• They are installed externally. Foto from someone in Linertreff:

Wow, thanks, that is really useful. Now I need to find exactly where my black tank is in relation to access. I wonder if when I was fishing wires through for my Supersense that I somehow disturbed my bottom sensor? This forum is seriously good.

M