Give it a try ....

• Hello my dear international and English speaking LinerTreff´ler,

as yesterday announced we opened this new module for our forum which is meant to be used with the English language. Our aim is to provide a platform for users who do not feel comfortable in using the platform of the more-or-less German speaking community but of course would like to chat about the same topics and find an exchange with users by using the English language.

Of course this needs some time to develop as the number of users in ths section in the beginning will be smaller and therefore the acitivity rate will be lower as well. It does though depend on the users themselves to acitvate this forum and make use of it. The more users get engaged and the more you´re responding on upcoming threads the faster it will develop. So I recommend to give it a try, open new threads, place your topics and start to use the platform on a regular basis.

In parallel the German platform of course remains available to you as well. With just one click you can commute between the two modules so you won´t miss anything on the "German" side but additionally you have the option to widen the community also for your countries and for other users who´d rather use the English language.

Enjoy it!

Cheers, Thomas :-))

• A warm welcome to the English section from me as well!

In addition to Thomas' text, I wanted to mention the following.

Many non-German speaking users of the LinerTreff have read (and partly written) with a translator in the past. Of course, this possibility still exists. If the LinerTreff is set to the German language, a translator can be used - as in the past.

However, this section here is meant to provide a place to write natively in English. We are very happy to have this possibility now and to expand the circle of interested Users.

If you have any questions, requests or suggestions, please feel free to contact us directly in the forum or by private message.

Best regards

Josef

• OK then hello again from England, a real user :-)) I have been trying to understand the workings of the two modules and yesterday switching between the two seemed to create problems with the forum menu's.

Later last night and today it seems have settled down and is much better.

Thank you.

Martin

Martin

MORELO palace 85L on Euro 6d Daily

Yes I have changed my username from "funflair" we don't have the Flair anymore.

• Hello Martin,

thanks for your feedback - yes, we did indeed have some minor problems, but they should be fixed by now.

We would be very happy if you could do some advertising in England for this section, so that we can quickly build up a lively English-speaking community here.

Best regards

Josef

• Hi Josef

The liner community in England is much smaller than Germany of course but I know that a few of our MORELO owners are on LinerTreff so I will make this change known on the M forum that I admin in the UK.

I will try to describe the issue that I have using the two platforms and the way that I use it, traditionally I have just read on LinerTreff using Google Chrome to translate and yes some of the post could be quite funny with things lost in translation. I always go in and straight to "forum" and then click "unanswered posts".

With this move to two platforms I can switch between German and English and it looks exactly the same and I go to "unanswered posts" BUT when I have been into the English platform and made a post when I then go back to the German platform and refresh the page the "unanswered posts" is no longer available under "forum" only "watched threads" is available and I am lost, after a while settles back down though, is this how it is supposed to be or it it a glitch.

Hopefully you understand my description, I am here to try things out and report back if you wish.

Regards

Martin

EDIT just to add that now it is not doing what I describe above but I am sure that it will again, in English module and refreshed it shows 93 unanswered posts which are actually in the German module as we don't have that many English posts yet. Sorry this is getting complicated.

Martin

• Hello Martin,

Josef will surely bounce back to you as he´s the expert for the technical questions.

Also thank you very much for supporting us regarding the usability of the new modules. It´s been thought through thoroughly but as always when it comes to the practical use there still are a few bugs which need attention and fixing.

Regards, Thomas

• Hello Martin,

thank you very much for helping to build an English-speaking community here. Besides the English, there are also some other European countries where English is widely spoken. We assume that enough users will come together here and that it will become a lively community and that at some point there will be so many contributions and topics that in the future a translator will no longer be necessary because many topics will also be covered in the English section.

I have understood your description so far. My suggestion is that we observe the current version for some time and then optimize it collectively with some other adjustments (I assume that we still identify further potential for improvement). I hope this is also in line with your ideas.

Best regards

Josef

• Thank you Josef

I will keep using it and see how the functions work out, of course it will be good to have input from other english speaking nations.

Martin

Martin

• That developement of the English module was way overdue and sounds very good to me as well.

I´m highly interested in Great Britains and also Scottlands beautifull places, travel stories, travel routes, mechanical workshop network and last but not least their camper community.

Please all you English speaking users dicovering this forum, let us all know where to go and how to do it the right way.

Best regards Rainer

Das Leben im Alter ist zu kostbar und der Rest der Welt zu unbekannt, um nur noch zuhause auf den Sensenmann zu warten.

• Hi Rainer

It is great that you want to travel in GB including Scotland and now of course we have to call ourselves UK to include Northern Ireland, there are indeed some beautiful places to see.

Travelling by motorhome is quite possibly very different to what you are used to as we don't have the network of aires and stellplatz which work so well in the rest of Europe, Scotland is slowly getting a few aires or "camper stops" so this might be changing :thumbup: our camping is dominated by two clubs the Camping and Caravanning Club and the Caravan and Motorhome Club (used to be called Caravan Club but thought they would cash in on the MH market) we have a lot of campsites that are run by these two clubs as well as private sites of course, these two main clubs also licence private individuals to run 5 van sites and these are called CL or CS depending which club they are affiliated to.

You might be getting the impression that this is all a bit of a mix up which of course it is ;)

If you start a new thread about where you would like to travel I will publicise it on our MORELO forum in the UK and try to get more input and get the discussion going.

Safe travels.

Martin

• Hi. Im delighted to see the English version of Liner Treff. I have been a member for over 2 years and understand a little german however not enough to take part in posting.

My name is Jon, ive been motorhoming for 16 years and I love my Clou Liner. Im quite active on a UK forum but spend most of my motorhome in Europe or Morocco.

Uk is mostly campsites although we are getting more 'aires' progress is slow. What we like best in UK are the pubstops, where some pubs will let you stop the night if you use the pub, this is our favourite solution for short stops in UK.

• Hi Jon,

thanks for your feedback and your registration here. We are very happy that the idea of an English LinerTreff is well received and we are sure that a great community will be established here. If you can do some promotion in your UK forum, we would be very happy.

Regarding the pitches and the pubstops you mentioned. This is a very interesting "business model", which also exists in France with winegrowers, for example. In Austria, too, more and more restaurants are starting to do this.

If you have interesting places / pubstops, you can also use the function "Radar" in our neighboring portal "DigiCamper", see here:

DigiCamper

(is also available in english).

There you can enter places like these pubstops and make them available to other users.

And now: have fun here at LinerTreff :)

• Just joined after picking up Martins post on the Morelo forum, looking forward to exploring this site and hopefully finding places to stay in Europe we haven’t discovered yet, I currently have a Palace 93MB, my third motorhome, I’d love to say it’s been trouble free but that’s a whole new thread.

Cheers

Mark

• Hello Jon, hello Mark,

welcome! Great to see you here in the international section of the LinerTreff.

As more and more Users will join this will become a lively community just as it already is in the "traditional" German section. I encourage you to start your discussions within the several areas even if the response will be slower at the beginning. The more we all start to use it the more attractive it will be for others to follow and the sooner it will develop. This was the principle when the German LinerTreff startet and after a while it just took off.

Enjoy it!

Cheers

Thomas