Greetings from Ireland.

• Many thanks Thomas for your welcome, and for the warning!

Yes, clearly it is easy to say yes to many options and to have a moment of weak knees when you see the bottom line!

Timothy

• Hallo Timothy,

Welcome in Liner Treff.

I lived in Dublin for two months in 1981. ( Don't ask me why ;) )

I've been never again in Ireland since then. ( too much memory)

I would like to do the Trip with our RV, but the narrow Roads scare me a bit.

Right now we don't have a Liner, but we can choose between a small Pössl Vario 545 and an bigger but not to wide Hymer MLT 620 ( 7,78m) to do the Trip.

When the right time comes, we will take the smaller Pössl for the first Trip.

by the way, I'm Italian native but living since 1976 in Germany

ciao Giorgio

• Hello Timothy,

Writing English here in the forum should not be a problem.

For your translation, you should better use deepL, this app is now recommended to the school-leavers in Freiburg for learning.

Google translates mostly unreadable crap 😂.

Now welcome to the forum and have fun translating and reading from the south-west of the Black Forest.

The Waiby's

• Hello.

A warm :welcome: from the Hochsauerland

cu

Peter

Ich glaube nicht alles, was ich höre und lese. Ich sage und schreibe nicht alles, was ich denke.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Das bessere Später ist - Jetzt:thumbup:

• Hello Timothy,

<3 :welcome: Aus Gießen mitten in Hessen.

Liebe Grüße Annette, Else & Dieter :-))

Egal wie tief man die Messlatte für den menschlichen Verstand auch ansetzt,
    jeden Tag kommt jemand und marschiert "AUFRECHT" darunter durch........ :P

• Hi Georgio

Thanks for your message.

I also remember 1981...it seems half a lifetime ago!

I think that even if your memories are still of 1981, you will find that Ireland has changed hugely since that time.

You will find that with either of your two described vehicles you will be very comfortable with our roads here. Even the west coast roads now are traveled by many such cars, including The Wild Atlantic Way which is now quite popular. Just a little forward planning about direction of travel especially on the Ring of Kerry should help you to avoid any difficulty.

With a car more than 8.5 meters the route planning becomes more important and maybe not all mountain roads will be suitable.

Thanks for your message & welcome

Good luck!

Timothy

• Hello to The Waiby's

and thank you for your welcome and for the translation app.

I will look into it as I have never heard about it. Meanwhile, excuse any unreadable crap from this side!:-))

I have visited your part of Germany in the past, and like the food there!

warm regards

Timothy

• Hey Rover 😃 welcome in this forum from Luxemburg !

Also i suggest you to take the Phoenix brand in consideration. Quality no nonsense "Reisemobile" without the "bling bling" of the other competitors. Needless to say that i am a happy Phoenix owner 😆😉

You already know you get access to the whole forum after you have posted 15 posts ? Well this took me two years and now i see your method answering every single welcomepost 😄, clever 😉

• Hi Linus and thank for your welcome!

Noted that you are a happy Phoenix owner! I have only stood in one, in Belgium. It was not a very "loved" example I think, so it did not seduce me at all. Though I retain an open mind.

I think that it is good manners and friendly to acknowledge and to reply in some form to a post that is directed to me......certainly it is my experience and also my reading from others on another forum that a reply and acknowledgement is always welcome.

And apart from that, I also try to include some content which directly relates to the content of the message received.

You are right, a bonus is that the quota of 15 is achieved, but now I also reply to you in the same spirit, even if the number is now 19, and so not simply reductable to a formula of "clever" ;)

Warm regards!

Timothy

• Hey Rover 😃 welcome in this forum from Luxemburg !

Also i suggest you to take the Phoenix brand in consideration. Quality no nonsense "Reisemobile" without the "bling bling" of the other competitors. Needless to say that i am a happy Phoenix owner 😆😉

You already know you get access to the whole forum after you have posted 15 posts ? Well this took me two years and now i see your method answering every single welcomepost 😄, clever 😉

I have replied to your message above, but somehow not quoted yours!

• Hallo Timothy,

What an introduction!

I appreciate your very polite manner in comunicatuon.

Also from us a very warm welcome to the LT- Forum. Hope to hear more from you and we are crossing our fingures that you succsede in your attempt. If any of us can be of help, please ask.

"see you on the road"

Greetings Rick

• Hello Timothy,

Welcome to the Linertreff.

Thank you for your nice introduction.

With all the problems you have described, I can well understand your idea of registering a liner with a foreign company. That's a good idea.

However, you should find out how long a vehicle with a foreign registration plate is allowed to drive in Ireland.

In Germany, for example, the Liner has to be inspected every year (TÜV). But you can combine that with a nice holiday in Germany ;) .

Maybe it's a good idea if you rent a liner first and see how you get on with it. I don't know if you can rent a liner in France. In Germany, however, there are rental companies for liners, for example Niesmann Caravaning in Polch. You can rent a Liner in Germany, for example, and take a holiday in France.

I wish you success and good luck in realising your dream of owning a Liner.

Take care

Jürgen